Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Life lately

2016 is off to a great start!  We loved Upward basketball this year and just finished our season.  This was Coop's first year and it was comical.  He had a few moments of brilliance while playing but he mostly just hopped around the court having fun with his friends 😊 He did score the prettiest layup in last game.  Made his daddy proud.


Lainey had a great season this year.  She really enjoys the sport and wants to continue playing as she gets older.  Things got more complicated this year as they learned new plays, different types of defense and basically just went a level up from what they did last season and Lainey did awesome!  Jamie coached both of their teams.  He has such a good balance in his relationship with Lainey.  He can yell something to her as her coach and she runs to do it.  It's only helped their daddy/daughter bond.  I love watching it.

Cooper was hanging out with Jamie at his office before church on a Wednesday night while I was at ballet with Lainey.  Our children's pastor walked by and saw this and snapped a picture for me when neither of them knew it.  Such a sweet moment.  Gosh, he's a good daddy.
One of Lainey's friends hosted a valentine tea party with their favorite doll. Lainey and Samantha coordinated their outfits and had a great time.  
My handsome Target date during Mommy/Coop time on Tuesdays
Lainey started a crochet/knitting class that meets once a month.  She's focused on learning to crochet as the knitting is a little more complicated.  She's such a crafty girl.  I'm trying to find ways to keep up with her creativity.  I got a sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago and she's begging me to get it out and teach her how to use it.  I guess I better learn how to use it myself!!!











No comments: