Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Counting down the days

Since we returned from our Christmas trip to Missouri, Lainey has been crossing off the days on her calendar in anticipation of February 6th and the daddy/daughter dance at our church. This is SUCH a big deal for her.  She loves every minute of it.  

We have a new music minister at our church and his wife and I have become fast friends.  We love them and their family so much.  They have a daughter Lainey's age so we took them shopping together to pick out dresses.  
Love these two girls.  They are just so much fun.  
They tried on all different styles of dresses for fun and decided these should be called the chicken dresses 😊 We laughed so hard while they danced around like chickens.  
We found the perfect dress for this little beauty.  She would not let her daddy see it or know anything about it before the night of the dance. (I'm telling ya, this is a big deal!) 

 Goodness, she's so grown up.  I really enjoy every minute of this though. It's so fun to hear her thoughts on things and watch her grow and mature.  




Lainey has discovered Pinterest on my phone and mostly looks at American Girl doll things.  She decided to search fancy hair styles and loved one similar to this.  I was a little nervous but thanks to my double pack of Bobby pins, we pulled it off!  Her hair is insanely thick so it literally took a million Bobby pins 😊


I had my own date night with this cutie.  We saw Kung Foo Panda 3.  Coop's been showing me his best ninja warrior moves every since.  What a fun night!









No comments: