Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving at the beach


This Thanksgiving we decided we wanted a not so traditional celebration.  We are heading to Missouri for Christmas and that trip is way too long to drive twice in one month.  So naturally, we chose one of our favorite places on the planet ☺️ Destin, Florida.  Now, our very favorite spot is anywhere along 30-A in the Santa Rosa Beach area.  However, it was all booked up as this was a very last minute plan.  We opted for a beach front hotel in Ft. Walton Beach and soaked up the sunshine.  I didn't expect it to be so warm, but the weather was perfect.  We wore jackets as we walked along the beach early in the morning, but by 10AM we were decked out in bathing suits and sun block.  Our kids are such little fish that they swam for hours each day.  
They even swam at night!  Thankfully, the pool was heated.
My favorite way to start the day.  I'm pretty sure this is a small taste of what heaven will look like 😉
Checking out each other's shells
The beginnings of a sand castle
Thanksgiving dinner at Cracker Barrel and let me just say it was yummy!  I wouldn't choose it every year, but there was something really nice about not spending the day in the kitchen.  I felt like I had time to really reflect on thanksgiving and what it's truly about.


I took this picture because I wanted to remember these moments.  My favorite thing to do at the beach is to go for long walks all alone.  Jamie hangs out with the kids and I walk and soak it all in.  There is something about the sound of the waves, the smell of the air and the feeling of the wind on my face that makes me feel God's presence.  I love that I can walk and pray out loud or sing and no one can hear me because of the sound of the wind and waves.  It's honestly one of my favorite things in the world.  
Nothing more beautiful.  

No comments: