Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Savoring the moments

Every Tuesday Cooper and I have "Mommy/Coop time."  Tuesday is the one day a week that Lainey is in school all day.  I pick Coop up from kindergarten at 1:00 and we have all afternoon to do something just the two of us.  Some days we have a lunch date, some days we come home and play a game together, lots of days we go walk around Target together.  Cooper loves this time with just the two of us and starts talking about it the moment I wake him up on Tuesday mornings.  I love it too.  I treasure our family time together but there is something about one on one time with each of our kids that I value so much.  Yesterday, we were walking into Target to do some Christmas shopping and I looked down at his hand in mine and his other arm snuggling his favorite "doggy blanket" and I just had to stop and take a picture.  I know these are fleeting moments and I just don't want to forget how his precious, little hand feels in mine.

No comments: