Sunday, November 22, 2015

One of my favorite days of the year...


We're getting a jump start on decorating for Christmas this year.  I know it's a little early but we all enjoy the decorations so much that we just didn't want to wait any longer.  After church, we loaded up and headed to Pike's to pick out a tree because there are no Christmas tree farms around here!  Georgia is too warm to grow frazier fir's so we opted for a pre-cut one.  It's beautiful and Jamie didn't have to lay on the ground and cut it ☺️
These two little monkeys were so excited.  They are way into celebrating Christmas.
It's always fun going through our ornaments each year.  The kids have their favorites and Jamie and I have ours.  This year I found myself drawn to one more than ever.  
It's been one year ago today that our dog, Bailey, died.  Goodness, I miss him.  The vet made this ornament for us the night he died.  They took his paw print in clay and I'm so happy we have it.  I would have never thought of it because I was a crying mess, but I'm so thankful they knew to do something like this.  He was such a good dog.  A big part of our life for 12 years.  The thing I hate the most was that in the last few years of his life, we were so busy.  He didn't get the time he deserved from us.  Makes me sad.  I wish I could do it over again.  I'm sure we'll get another dog at some point.  The kids are already asking for one.  For now, I'm just going to remember my sweet pup.  
Here is my big 8 year old with her favorite ornament.
And Cooper with his
They cracked up over something!  Goodness, I love these two.  They bring so much joy to my heart.
The cozy, finished product.  I'm ready to put my feet up and enjoy this night.

No comments: