Saturday, November 21, 2015

Traditions

One of my favorite family traditions we do each year is filling our Operation Christmas Child boxes.  Our church is collecting them tomorrow so we finished them up today.
I love the thought of a little boy and girl in another country opening these and knowing someone far away thought of them.
One of my dreams for our family, when the kids are a little older, is to take a mission trip and deliver OCC boxes.  I cry every single time I watch the videos of smiling kids opening the boxes.  I'm sure I would be a mess to see it in person...but what an experience it would be.
The kids both wrote a note and included a picture of themselves.
I loved hearing Lainey and Cooper's prayers for the kids who would get their boxes.  Such a great reminder each year of what this life is really about.  I'm thankful for this simple way to share the love of Jesus.

No comments: