Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Signs of Fall

We are finally connected to the rest of the world again! After much delay (long story) our internet and cable were installed today and I am updating our blog before anything else so that I can avoid having some angry grandparents on my hands!
These pictures were taken yesterday behind our house. One of the things I like most about O'Fallon is that we are literally five miles from any kind of store you could want but it still somehow has a small town, community feeling. There are corn fields everywhere...I have never seen so many... and they somehow make the colors of fall even more vivid. When we moved here I wondered if this new place could feel like home. They don't have a Dairy-B, with the best sangrias in the world. They certainly don't have Pisgah, full of some of the most loving people I've known, and our wonderful families are not here. However, we are growing to love our new community. God blessed us with a house that I know He hand picked for us. Our next door neighbors attend our church and have been so welcoming to us. Our church is great and Jamie is thriving in his new job. I am able to stay at home with Lainey full time and invest my time and energy into raising a wonderful little girl.
While I am not sure I will ever stop calling Excelsior Springs home...this somehow feels like home too. I love knowing that we have a God who knows just what we need. I have seen His work in so many ways since we moved. I think in some way leaving the comforts of home to start a new adventure makes a person lean a little more on Him. I am so thankful for His perfection.
Our new home 1221 River Birch Drive To celebrate my 30th birthday (yikes!) Jamie took me to St. Louis for a night on the town. We left Lainey with a new babysitter from church, and drove about 20 min. into downtown St. Louie. We went first to the arch and I tried out my new camera . I love how this pic. turned out.
I have been to the arch before but never really appreciated how amazing it really is. Standing at the foot of it you see the incredible architecture...I really was amazed by it...Maybe it is my new 30 year old perspective! Little Lainey 18 months old and full of fun...Mommy 30 years old and a little scared! Just kidding...30 is the new 20 right! Jen, this one is for you. There is an exhibit at the botanical garden that my sister in law, Jennifer, told me about. It is named after me, but someone forgot to tell them how to properly spell it! A scenic view of the park at the foot of the arch.

No comments: