Sunday, November 6, 2016

Family traditions

No matter where we've lived, we have a tradition of heading to Missouri for a week in July.  This year we were able to stay a little longer and loved every minute of being home.  Jamie and I work hard to create a warm, happy home wherever we live but there is just something about this place that will always feel like coming home to me.  One of my favorite quotes, "Home...a place where your feet may leave but your heart will always be."

Homemade slip and slide with the O'Dell cousins
Zip lining with Nana and Papa. Something I've always wanted to try and we had so much fun doing it as a family.


Out to dinner with the whole crew
Sleepover with cousins

Nana and her babies



Next, we headed to my family's for some fun.  My dad worked really hard to create this awesome play area for the grandkids.  They had so much fun on it.  Such a great Grandpa!


This was one of my favorite 4th of July's. We spent the evening on my parents 20 acre property near their house.  The kids rode the 4 wheeler and the go cart.  We shot fire works and ate smores.  It was a perfect night with family.


My newest niece, Mayzee
Seth and his love, Elaina.  Last year was a tough one for Seth but God has redeemed every minute of it by bringing Elaina into his life.  She is perfect for him and I'm so thankful God allowed them to meet at just the right time.  

Two of my most favorite people in the world.

We have been planning a huge surprise for my mom's 60th bday.  She had no clue and it was so fun to surprise her.  We told her we were taking family pictures so everyone got all dressed up.  We had a big, stretch limo excursion thingy pull down the driveway and pick everyone up for a night on the town.  We had dinner at the Hereford House and then took a limo ride to the Liberty Memorial in KC.  While we rode everyone shared their favorite memories of my mom and we celebrated her life and all that she does for us.  I love moments like this.  Sometimes people wait until someone dies to reflect on how special that person was.  This night was all about celebrating life and the life God has given my mom.  I think these words should be spoken while our loved ones are here with us!  This is why we do birthdays big time in my world.  I want my loved ones to know how special and celebrated they are.  


Grandma and her babies
I love this city!  
What a week it was!  So thankful for our families!
























No comments: