Saturday, October 13, 2012

Loving Fall

 We are enjoying every minute of fall this year.  There is a chill in the air every day now... a reminder of my favorite season rapidly approaching.  Christmas music has made it's way into my kitchen.  I was baking something with cinnamon in it, and I just couldn't resist busting out my Christmas Classics CD.  Lainey thought I was the greatest mommy in the world.  She would have the tree up by now if I would let her.  Anyway...back to fall...we have a cheerleader in the family : )  Our church offers Upward sports and Lainey had the choice of cheering or playing flag football.  Her daddy tried hard to convince her to play football, but Lainey caught one glimpse of those pom poms and her mind was made up.  Basketball starts in January and Jamie has already agreed to coach her team...so until then, he's got himself an adorable, little cheerleader.  



 A couple of weeks ago, we spent the evening at the Eckerts Millstadt farm.  Very similar to the Eckerts just down the street from us, but more activities for kids.  They have a pumkin cannon that the kids get to load a small pumpkin into and then watch the friendly man in the overalls launch them a few hundred feet into the air.  Pure country fun.  Oh and I can't forget the pig races...miniature pigs running around a race track while the crowd cheers them on.  It really was a fun night.










No comments: