Saturday, October 6, 2012

Here we go...

 It's overwhelming to think that the first day of kindergarten has come and gone and we are now about to wrap up the first quarter.  We have a parent teacher conference coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm really looking forward to it.  I find myself craving more details about Lainey's school life.  This has been the hardest part of her going to school for me.  I miss knowing what goes on every minute of her day.  She has been my little sidekick for the past 5 years, and now, she is having experiences and learning things on her own.  I'm grateful for how well she has adjusted and how much she loves it...I just wish she wasn't quite so good at the independence thing.  It's kinda hard on a momma.  So, needless to say, the first day of school was great for Lainey and hard on me.  She was brave, bright eyed, friendly, and so excited.  She made me so proud.  There were several kiddos in her class crying as they said goodbye to their parents.  I promise if she had expressed one little bit of apprehension, I would have scooped her up and run out the door.  I wanted to do that anyway.  Instead, she gave me a big hug and said "bye mommy."  Daddy stayed behind to give her a little pep talk, but I had to leave quickly because I was about to go into the ugly cry.  Yep.  I was that mom.  The first couple of school days seemed really long to me, but I'm happy to say that we've all adjusted and Lainey is thriving.  







No comments: