Saturday, April 9, 2011

Birthday Girl

Dear Lainey,
What a gift you are to your daddy and I. I am daily amazed at your sweet and spunky personality. You are quite a little comedian and make us laugh so much. You have your fiesty moments and you have moments when you are full of compassion for others. You are fiercely loyal to your family and friends from preschool. By the way, you were made for school. You LOVE your little routine and come home and tell your daddy and I about each detail of your school day and schedule. You are eager to please your teachers and have excelled in your learning this year. One of your favorite activities is writing your letters in your little notebook. I love it when I hear, "Mommy come look! I wrote my first, middle, and last name!"
Your daddy and I adore hearing you pray. You pray the sweetest prayers that just melt our hearts. You pray for each of your cousins and grandparents. You thank God for rainbows, grass, flowers, and anything else outside that you noticed that day. Today, while I was driving down the road, I told you about the conference that your daddy was teaching at. I suggested we pray for him and you bowed your head and asked God to help him be a good teacher. Just precious to hear your little heart for the Lord. I love watching God draw your heart toward Him.
You are so girly sometimes and this momma can't get enough of it. We paint our nails and play with each other's hair. You love filling your purse up with whatever you can find and take it with you most places. You love dresses and shoes and fairytales. You talk about your wedding on a daily basis. Mostly you say you will marry your daddy but there is this little boy in your Sunday school class that you have started talking about. It's so funny to listen as you describe your wedding flowers. At last count the bouquets have 10 different colors of roses. You only want roses. I love listening to you dream. Trust me baby girl, your wedding will be an amazing day...I promise! But for now, I am loving every minute I get to be a part of your little world. So don't grow up too fast ok!
Like I always say, you are my favorite girl in the whole wide world.
Happy 4th birthday sweetie!
Birthday celebration with her class and awesome teachers, Ms. Eve and Ms. Chelsea
Birthday date with mommy and daddy. We are looking forward to your friend party coming up next weekend!
We went to see the movie Hop. So cute.
Your new swing set, the highlight of your life right now : )
Cooper (almost 10 months old) enjoying his new swing
A special thanks to daddy who spent hours putting this thing together! You are the best!

No comments: