Sunday, April 8, 2007

Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God Almighty she's Free at Last!

Breaking News.... At 1:00pm Lainey ventured out of the dark, warm ICU Nursery into her Mommy and Daddy's room. They finally weaned her off the IV drip and is spending her time with us. We are getting adjusted to her cries and cute little sounds. She is doing extremely well, nursing well, sleeping well and we are hoping for a good report tomorrow morning from her doctor. Still no indication of when we might be taking that large step in packing up the car and heading home, but we are hoping for Tuesday. Nikki and I are so relieved to finally have her in our care. Definitely an Easter to remember. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday and we hope to see more of everyone when we get home. Thank you again for every one's prayers and support.




2 comments:

kelly wilkins said...

SO GLAD EVERYONE IS DOING WELL! I'M ALSO GLAD THAT LAINEY HAS THAT NASTY OLD I.V. OUT! I HATE THOSE THINGS! (THEY HAVE TO USE A NEEDLE TO GET THEM IN!!) YOU ALL HAVE AWONDERFUL, AND RESTFUL WEEK, AND WE'LL SEE YOU SOON!

LOVE YOU!
KELLY

Julie E said...

Jamie and Nikki,

My parents sent my the link for your blog and I'm so glad they did. I am so happy for the both of you! Being an aunt and an uncle slightly prepares you for parenthood, but as you both well know now, being a mother and father to such a miracle is like no other experience in the world! I am very happy that your family is doing well. I hope that by now you have made it out of the hospital and are now trying to figure out your new "family life" at home. My only word of advice is to make sure you make time for each other...its the most difficult thing when you have a child, especially at the beginning when you are both so tired you could fall asleep at the dinner table!!! Congrats to you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Julie Garrison-Elam

P.S. My e-mail is: kjelam@gmail.com