Sunday, August 25, 2013

Birthdays!



 We celebrated Lainey's 6th birthday a few months ago (ok, more like 5 months ago!) We had a crew of her kindergarten friends and her cousins, Julianna and Ava come for a paint and play party.  Can I just say how much we loved that we live close enough to Jules and Ava that they were able to make the drive and come celebrate with us.  It's not easy living away from Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and other family so it's really nice to have those familiar faces just 2 1/2 hours away.  
Lainey has been blessed to have this amazing new group of little friends.  There are quite a few girls her age at our church and they have embraced her and made her feel like she's lived here forever.  I am so thankful for the way they have welcomed her.  This transition has been an easy one for her.  It was such a special day.  Happy 6th Birthday baby girl!



 My little man loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates.  He's borderline obsessed I would say : )
I hear him talking often about Captain Hook chasing him and going on treasure hunts.  So there was no option when we were deciding his birthday party theme.  Jake it is.  Problem is that Jake is fairly new and there isn't really a cake pattern of him...so I had to get a little creative, but Coop loved it.  


I love both of these pictures
so much that I couldn't choose 
between them.  They are both so "him." 




   Having a little boy is such an adventure.  I truly never know what he is going to do.  There are moments when he is the sweetest thing on the earth and I think my heart is going to burst from being so in love with him.  He says the most precious things to me.  I hear all the time, "momma, you are so beautiful" and "you are my very best friend."  Then there are moments when he is launching himself off the couch or filling up the bathroom sink with water and bubbles until it overflows, eating dirt, and hitting whatever comes in his path with a t-ball bat.  Sometimes I just stand back and watch his little mind at work.  It's an amazing thing.  He comes up with some crazy schemes.  Every day is an exciting adventure and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Happy 3rd Birthday baby boy!


No comments: