Sunday, January 30, 2011

Little Coop

I wish there were words to describe how much I adore this baby boy. I just rocked him to sleep, something I didn't do with Lainey very often because of all those silly books I read about babies and their sleep. I was trying so hard to do everything just right (and she was an amazing sleeper) but there are moments when I wish I could go back and just hold her again. I am making sure that I have none of those feelings with Coop. That boy gets kissed on and tickled and snuggled every minute of his day! Not just by me! Lainey and his daddy do their fair share.
Cooper has a way of making everyone feel special. When anyone looks at him, his face lights up. It doesn't matter if you are a stranger at the grocery store or the most familiar face. He will smile and babble and you may even get a giggle. He loves people and faces and responds to them in a way that will warm the coldest of hearts.
Cooper is curious and inquisitive. He loves textures and wants to touch everything. Today he played with a plastic wrapper for 10 minutes just feeling it crinkle in his hands. About a week ago, Coop figured out the occasional rolling on the floor he enjoyed could get him where he wanted to go. Now it's his favorite part of the day. Rolling around the floor getting his hands on whatever he can find...including our dog's tail!
He and Lainey have the sweetest bond. Granted, these are my only two children, but they seem so bonded already. Lainey loves to play with him (although she has limits on which toys of hers are allowed in Cooper's mouth!) She reads him books, brings him toys, and shows him how to work things. She is a little mommy for sure!
Hope you enjoy the 7 month pictures of the sweetest little boy in the world!

2 comments:

brittany said...

Seriously cute! Does he have some hair or what?! My babies never have hair. :) And are you like me starting to think, "seven months already?" Cant believe our babies are moving and sitting... Love you all!

smorton1084 said...

Such a handsome little dude!