Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm thinking of writing a book...

called Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman. I am quite convinced that it would be a best seller as so many well meaning passers by seem to have difficulty knowing when to simply smile and keep on walking. Let me give you a few examples.
"Are you sure you aren't having twins?"
"You must be due any day now, looks like you are about to pop!"
"Are you having twins?"
"Wow, you look really uncomfortable."
"I thought when you blossomed that you REALLY blossomed."
"Are you sure you aren't having twins?"
I honestly just have to smile and laugh along as I tell them that I still have 5-6 weeks to go and that we know from the multiple ultra sounds we've had that there is just ONE strong, little man growing. I've learned a valuable lesson from this pregnancy. When I see a pregnant woman (though she may be the size of a small whale) I smile and tell her how beautiful she looks and wish her well. Perhaps a book could help educate the rest of the world!
Now, because I am feeling brave, I will post pictures of my ever growing baby belly and give you a pregnancy update. I am almost 34 weeks along and my belly continues to measure 4-6 weeks ahead. After my appointment yesterday, my doctor is convinced we will be greeting at least a 10 pound baby boy next month. I am going for another ultra sound to monitor his weight and measurements next week. I love this because I get to see his little face again. After we know his approximate size then we will decide if we will go for a natural delivery, be induced, or schedule a c-section. I am ready to have a plan (those of you who know me are not surprised by this!) and can't wait to meet this little guy who just might one day be an NFL lineman!
28 weeks along Almost 31 weeks 33 weeks along

No comments: